***

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A perfect hand!!!!

From Martini Pundit:

Some onetime readers might find this surprising, but I’m a fairly serious cribbage player. I first learned the game in the early 90s, and I play on average about a dozen games a week. I once got a 28 point hand, which those of you who play know consists of four 5s and a court card. But today, quite unexpectedly on the first hand of the second game, I was dealt the jack of clubs, and the fives of spades, hearts, and diamonds. I tossed the other two cards in my opponent’s crib without a thought (and can’t for the life of me recall what they were), and waited for a lame cut like a two or three.

My surprise was complete when the five of clubs was cut. That equals 28 points but adds one for having a jack of the same suit as the cut card. 29 points! The odds of this hand are said to be 216,580 to 1.

Here’s my perfect hand:




Original post here

No comments: