***

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cribbage board pictures...


From Diana Nick and Sam:

"...When I think of cribbage the first image that comes to mind is one from my childhood. My mother always had a cribbage board stowed in the bottom cupboard of our buffet table in our dining room. I can remember seeing it stowed under there and wondering each time what it was for. It wasn't until my senior year in high school that a friend taught me how to play. Many years after that I learned that my mother and grandmother used to play cribbage. But for some reason my mom could never get my dad to learn the game. Nick comes from a cribbage playing family, so somewhere while we were dating it became our game. We have a fold up board that we take on "dates" with us. Adam and his girlfriend, Heidi, have come over a few times and have played against us. For Christmas the two of them went to visit Heidi's family in Alaska and while there they made us a beautiful cribbage board..."

read more...

No comments: