***

Friday, September 7, 2007

Text book Cribbage...

From Kimberly Simon:

"In the past few years I have learned to and played quite a bit of cribbage. In the textbook, when the author discusses chess masters ability to avoid thinking through every possible strategy and instead only thinking through superior strategies it reminded me of playing cribbage with friends of mine who have been playing for years. While I think about every possible combination when discarding cards to the crib (hopefully someone plays cribbage and therefore this makes sense to them), my friends who are "expert" cribbage players can quickly discard because they look at the chunks or sets of cards and are able to just think quickly through the best strategies. I think it's fascinating to see the process of the quicker retrieval of recalling chunks of information in place."

Full post...

No comments: