***

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pegged out: The last thing I said to her was, "See you soon."

From Sweet Concord:

"This is going to be a bit different from my normal entries, my zombie minions, though I suppose calling any entries on this blog "normal" these days is kind of odd considering how infrequently they come up.

For one, this entry is not going to be long, involved or wordy. This entry isn't for my sake, or for the sake of my ever-growing armies of the undead; it's about a friend of mine who, considering recent events, was not nearly so close a friend as perhaps she should have been.

Becky Borlaug, who I met less than a year ago, died this past Friday. She didn't have a peaceful or traditionally virtuous life, and there were not always exclusively complimentary things that could be said about her, but she was always very kind to me.

We played cribbage a few times. I think she might have cheated.

She had...a very troublesome life. In whatever way it may come about, I hope she's better off now than she was. She was twenty-six years old. I liked seeing her. She was my friend..."

Full post

No comments: