***

Monday, December 15, 2008

OldScrotesHome: Trellis on card games

OldScrotesHome: Trellis on card games: "Trellis on card games
Mrs Trellis shows the breadth of her life experience.
Dear Germaine Greer, she writes, I was fascinated by your piece on the game of cribbage, though I didn't agree with most of your expressions. For example, my late husband, Mr Trellis, always said 'Jack up for two!' not 'two for his heels', and always seemed to find the expression very amusing. But then, he often laughed for no particular reason I could see, like whenever he asked to 'see my box'. But I am sure you and I share a mutual incomprehension of the workings of the male mind.
Anyway, there is more to life than cribbage, and I am glad to see that you are still fighting the feminist cause in your old age. Like me, I notice that your neck has gone, but 'there's a dance or two in the old dame yet', as Mrs Thatcher used to say. By the way, although I admire your struggle for women's rights, I do hope you are not a lesbian, because I can imagine nothing worse than having to share the bathroom with another woman.
Yours etc
Blodwen Trellis, Mrs, Widow, retired"

No comments: