***

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Short Years: I'm so much older than I can take

From The Short Years:

"...A few weeks ago I got together for dinner with my friends from college--my gang of wild and crazy girlfriends, the ones who are always up for a good time. These were the things we talked about over dinner:
work
wine
books we've read recently
favorite recipes
cribbage

That's right: cribbage. My great-grandpa's favorite game. And then I came home and told Eric that my friends said cribbage was fun, and he said cribbage is fun, so we went out and bought a set. When my parents watched the two older girls overnight last week, that's what we did: went out for dinner, then came home, put the baby to bed, and played cribbage.

Contrary to what you might believe from reading the above, I am not a 65-year-old person. I just play the role of one, apparently, in my day-to-day life."

Fulll post here: The Short Years: I'm so much older than I can take

No comments: