***

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's called begging (not pegging)

Okay, I'll be the first to admit it... this is a blatant beg for money. Why me, why now? Well, I need to raise some funds so that I can have my Crash Cribbage game transformed into an electronic version that can be played online!

Here's the deal... I have been seeking for someone able to design a good version of Crash Cribbage for several years now. I finally have found that person - Damien Blond of King's Cribbage online - but I don't have the required funds to be able to get this project running. I need about $4,000. Could probably get a good start with just 3K$, but 4 would really put me in there. I don't see that as an extraordinary amount by any means! Unfortunately, I have a problem.

My problem is that I have had, for the past 6 years, about 2,000 Crash Cribbage boards sitting in my garage. Yes, I do sell them so there are probably only 1500 at this point. It is slow steady sales. I don't really have a lot of time to proactively market them so they continue to sell slow and steady. I spent close to 10K$ on product development, etc and for the first run of 2100 boards. That is money that has NOT been recuped yet from my sales. So, to get back to "the problem," (remember i said there is a problem?)... the problem is that if I tell my wife that I'm going to spend an additional 3-4K$ on developing an electronic version of my garage-filler she may just sneak up behind me with a cast iron frying pan and help me to overcome my enthusiasm.

So, you see, if the money were to be donated at least I can avoid medical expenses of fixing my skull. Actually, my wife is the best! Her reservations are well founded -- especially with our children having a nasty habit of wanting to eat and wear clothes... how can I argue???

Please save my family! Donate now by sending $4,000 to my paypal account using my email of joe@ablekane.com... respond to this offer and you will enter the realm of immortality since I will name the annual Crash Cribbage Tournament Trophy after you and your name will forever be affiliated with Crash Cribbage. When people think of online Crash Cribbage they will think of you. Here's an example:

If your name is John Doe, the trophy will be: The "John Doe Crash Cribbage Cup"... Imagine your name there and log on to paypal now... You know you want to be immortal like Sir John Suckling himself!

Sincerely,
Joe

No comments: