***

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Forever 29...


From Blurbs From the Burbs

"Nellie Hart, passed away in her sleep Monday morning. Peacefully. Which makes a lot of sense because she was such a peaceful person. Probably around 8:00 am. Because she would never want to inconvenience people with a middle-of-the-night phone call.

...The board was always out. If we didn't finish the game from the previous Tuesday, the pegs were in their exact place. There was no starting over. The board dictated where things were at: not the calendar.

I love cribbage. It is a game of luck and strategy. I have been playing since I was 12 years old. But my experience was no match for Nellie. She mopped the floor with me regularly. But she did it in such a nice way, that I was never embarrassed or upset. She made me feel like it was never my fault. All the luck of the draw."

Full post

No comments: