***

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Its a Wickwired game...

From the Wickwire/Wickware Family Newsletter:

"We had lots of spare time in the cafe. I went to the drug store and bought a deck of cards and asked Mr. Shepard if he had a cribbage board and he did. I bought it for one dollar. It has a silver plate on top with the holes in it. In the side of the wooden block is a slot for 3 deck of cards and a hole for the steel pegs. A metal strip slides over these openings. I still have this board. I taught Ray to play cribbage, and we always enjoyed it. Cribbage was always my dad's favorite game and in fact the only game he cared to play, and I played many games with him when I was a girl at home. Ray taught me to play pitch."

Full post at: http://209.85.129.104/search?q=cache:R18xbl6BlJwJ:www.wickware.com/Newsletters/Volume%25201/Vol1_Issue39_09jul00.doc+ROY+CROWLEY+CRIBBAGE&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

No comments: